Monday 16 January 2012

Dijon

I have come to spend a few days in one of my favourite places in France, Dijon. I have renewed old acquaintances and made new ones. These few days here have been great. I have been staying with a French family whose generosity and kindness to me have been humbling. They have made my stay memorable and have included me in all their activities. I thank them all for their welcome and hope I can one day return their hospitality.
I have visited le Castel, one of the Lycee which hosted our girls in 2009, during our school trip around France.
I have been to a bistrot with friends and been entertained by talented musicians after our meal. We arrived early, so there are shots before and after the audience arrived.
 I have visited a few museums and accidentally sat in on a funeral in the Abbey. I thought it was a regular mass until I saw the coffin. I hope you bikers out there will enjoy someone's modern art version of cycling.
I visited a 12th century church this morning and had to take more photos. It is beautiful. The views are amazing from there and yes, I did climb all the way up.
Saturday I visited Besancon with the family. One place I wanted to see was the Citadel and the view from up there is breathtaking.
Yesterday I went with the family to a castle in a nearby village. The Doctor Who fans will appreciate my shot of the Headless Monks. These statues have been there since medieval times, so who copied who?










This will probably be my last blog from France. My Paris adventures can wait till I return to New Zealand. Thank you again to all those who have come with me during this time. I hope I have whetted some appetites for travel, and to France especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment